View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #5
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i / 2016 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrandom View Post
My apologies up front if this has been covered already, but after searching for a while I'm unable to find the answers I'm looking for.

Clearly the Euro blind spot mirrors can be installed on my M235i because the size is the same, and all the clips will fit the housing. But, the Euro mirrors appear to only be available with heated and auto-dimming features. So, questions remain...

1. My M235i doesn't have the cold weather package (has heated seats, but no heated steering wheel), so are any other parts necessary for the heating and dimming features of the Euro mirrors to function properly?

2. Whether additional parts are needed or not, is coding required?

As I understand from the internet research I've done so far, the easiest way to tell if you have heated mirrors is to see if they begin to heat up at temperatures below 50f, however that's not going to happen anytime soon given that it's summer. So, is there any other way to tell? An option code?

Any help from those who know or have done this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chad

I believe the wires for the heating are already in your mirror housing, just pop off your glass to take a look in there. BMW pre-wires quite a bit of the usual options on every car.
Appreciate 0