View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #16
supraBimmerPlz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Honda Civic Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
The cars you are looking at are 4-5 years old. The only cars of that age that you might own for 5-6 years at a cost less than $10K would have to be either a Honda or a Toyota, and neither of them performance models.
In general, the higher the initial cost of a car, the higher the cost of maintenance over its lifetime. That means that a $50K BMW will always cost more to maintain than a $25K Honda of the same age and mileage. Have you ever priced a fender for a Rolls Royce? Think $20K.
As far as BMWs go, the 2-series has been the most reliable in recent years. You can look it up. But it will always cost you a bit more to maintain than a car that is less pleasurable to drive. You gets what you pays for.
TBH, I've known that deep down, but I just didn't wanna accept it since I liked the car so much, and the price was in my budget lol. It's a fair point; beggars can't be choosers, right?

I feel like Lexus would do me better than Toyota/Honda econoboxes. Get the luxury with the Toyota reliability.

The Bimmer will have to be a pipe dream until later on, I suppose.
Appreciate 0