Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil doc View Post
First of all, I love your build!

I wanted to ask you a few questions about your wheel fitment, specially in the front. I got a set of Potenza S007A in 235/40r18s and Id like to run them in a square configuration with either a 18x9 ARC-8s or EC-7s in an et42 like yourself, I’m not planning to track the car and my suspension is stock. I know a lot of people run the 18x8.5s in either in an et35 or an et45 (with maybe a 3mm front spacer, that turns that et45 wheel to a et42), this seems to be a fairly common Fitment for the f22s; However, I like the 18x9 rim because it does have a slightly different profile look than the 18x8.5 version of the same wheel.

My question is in regards what you think would be the minimal front spacer size that Could be used to clear the front strut with a 235/40r18, given that this tire is roughly 3/4” narrower than the 255s you’re running, also how much camber do you think will be needed with the narrower tire. Thank you.

Hey man! Thanks for the love

Apex always recommends the 10mm spacer on the et42 9" setup. This allows for the inner clearance to the strut. I'm not sure on stock struts exactly how the fitment is, inside, but if using a 235 tire on that setup on stock suspension I think you'd be just fine with the 10mm spacer. The reason I'm opting for a 7.5-8mm spacer is because I've created a bit more clearance inside by installing a shorter coil spring which allows the perch to raise high enough to help (as pictured). Without the shorter spring on my setup, the tire would be much closer to the perch.

D