MBlaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
I would be pulling some codes before replacing any parts. these cars aren't cheap to repair to just start throwing parts at it until something fixes it. could be the fan its self, could also be a software issue with the dme since the dme is what triggers the fan or could even be a dme its self. I doubt that it's a coolant pump just because the fan would generally be in full blast if you has a coolant pump low turbine speed fault. Find what the faults are first and post it up. if you got to do any driving with it I would suggest putting the cabin temp to full hot to help keep engine temps down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
I would be pulling some codes before replacing any parts. these cars aren't cheap to repair to just start throwing parts at it until something fixes it. could be the fan its self, could also be a software issue with the dme since the dme is what triggers the fan or could even be a dme its self. I doubt that it's a coolant pump just because the fan would generally be in full blast if you has a coolant pump low turbine speed fault. Find what the faults are first and post it up. if you got to do any driving with it I would suggest putting the cabin temp to full hot to help keep engine temps down
There is no CEL so, what codes are you referring to? Regarding the car, I had just recently loaded BM3 93 octane Stage 1 tune. Considering reloading the stock tune and see if I can replicate the fan issue. Thx
So, I finally received the OBD2 to BT adaptor and down loaded an app to monitor temps. The coolant would run up to 240f then, the fan kicked in and called it down to 220f before kicking out. After several minutes, it was heating up again but, this time it passed 240f and even exceeded 250f with no fan, just jogging back and forth until the warning came on. As mentioned, I have BM3 loaded with Stage 1 and wanted to rule it out as a problem so, flashed back to stock. The first temp cycle was promising, the fan kicked in, dropped the temp to 219f and held it there for 5 minutes and then it started climbing and didn't stop. No difference in stock and Stage 1. I just ordered a repair manual and will use it for continued diagnostics.
Appreciate 0