View Single Post
      11-08-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
MBlaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.h View Post
Can't say for certain. But my guess would be yes. Good luck with the install if you decide to take on the task yourself. Update us with how it goes. I've heard mixed reviews. Obviously depends on an individuals capabilities, but some say it's not too bad others say it can be a pain.
So, tried to replicate what happened two days ago while watching the fan and checking for the amber warning. After running in place for awhile then, turning on the AC, I was finally able to get the fan to move. The fan wouldn't just kick in and run for some time and kick back out, it would jog back and forth for a few seconds then stop and maybe repeat once more before stopping completely. During the jogging, it might complete a single revolution, maybe. After witnessing this for 5 to 7 minutes, I finally got an excessive heat warning which was different than the warning two days ago. To me, before getting the excessive heat warning, I would have expected the fan to kick in continuous and attempt to cool things down. Given the fan motor jogging back and forth, this doesn't sound normal so, is it the fan or the fan control circuitry? I've ordered an OBD2 to BT adaptor and will down load an app for my iPhone or one of my older android phones, I'm tired of guessing what's going on with important engine metrics.
Appreciate 0