05-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #4
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
Hi,

Driving yesterday with my AC on and at some point I notice it is getting warmer.
There is still cold air coming out of the vents but just very little. Tried redirecting airflow to the windshield, feet, ... no change.
The sounds are correct > if I choose a higher fan speed the noise level increases as usual. AC on/off makes no difference to airflow.

My first guess is that the cabin filter might be blocked. Any other ideas?
AC on/off makes no difference to airflow and never have. Airflow is controlled by fan speed. Assuming the sounds are correct, higher fan speed = higher noise level = higher air flow, the problem is definitely not with the air filter.

With that, 2 possible causes comes to my mind.

1. Your refrigerant/Freon is low and needs to be recharged or there might be even be a leak. Recharging is pretty simple.

2. Radiator fan fail. This could be bad for your car as the fan works on both cooling the engine and your AC.
(This is the one that actually hit my wife car, I am ashamed to say I actually told her that the AC is not too bad, and she insists it should be cooler. We ended up checking it and found 1 of the radiator fan wasn't turning. Luckily in our case, it was only a blown fuse. Replaced fuse and it came back on.)
Appreciate 0