View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #10
Liandri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

So yeah, I have dinan springs which probably gave me a bit more negative camber than a stock height car. I didn't have issues with the adjustables, just wish I had done fixed instead as I would have had the ideal camber without the added hassle of the adjusters. There is a lot of adjustment range/ability to locate the wheel in the well with these, so adjustability is no problem. You'll have to find a good alignment tech and maybe pay him a bit extra to do it right (I did mine myself and took a while)

Adding my notes on your post:
My only concerns with the adjustable bushings are:
Ease or difficulty of achieving the alignment settings I want and fitment I need
-Shouldn't be a problem. I got -1.8 or -2.0-ish max negative camber IIRC so you have a lot to play with for your specs

Ability (or not) of the bushings to retain the alignment settings over time
-I have not noticed my alignment move at all, nor did I have any reason to believe the adjusters would slip over time. Poly bushing wear on a street car that isn't tracked should last years, have heard of these getting eaten up on track but...to be expected as a lot gets eaten up on track. No play out of mine yet, at all. Will recheck after winter to see what the cold does to them

Potential for an unacceptable level of NVH for a street car
-I have a high threshold for NVH but I couldn't really tell if any was actually added with these. The better steering feel far outweighs whatever little NVH they could add, for sure

The factory bushings do obviously need to be pressed out, seems like the confusion started with the word machining, which implies were shaving metal somewhere. No machining involved here. The metal outer press sleeve will also never loosen up, so I assume that talk was about the internal part of the stock bushings becoming so worn they're loose. The powerflex split design allows both haves to be nearly hand pressed in, I used a large set of channellocks on the table to press them together into the arm the rest of the way. A vice would work as well, or even just a hammer. I would definitely do these bushings again over monoballs because good lord are those expensive, and they need to be perfectly weather sealed or else the lifespan will go down the toilet. I do not like the idea of the M arms because of the wheel location and non adjustability, they will definitely push the wheel out and my setup would end up hitting somewhere for sure.

Good luck!
2016 M235i 8AT - MHD Stage 2/XHP Stage 3, AA Gesi downpipe/axle back/charge pipes/IC, QTP 3" wireless cutout, MSL oil thermostat, Nelson billet paddles, Gates X5M fob, Xpel 35% tint, LED conversion + body stuff, VMR V710 235/35 + 265/30, Dinan springs/stops/5mm rear spring spacers, Powerflex bushings, Akebono pads...and far too much of my time
Appreciate 2
PeterWT253.50