08-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #8
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Why did you want adjustable ? read thread I linked on OP having issues with adjustable (in combo with other items) Why I went fixed....will do camber plates for track use

I actually dialed the Powerflex back down to -1.2 per side, so I wish I didn't get the adjustables. The reason being is they have a lifetime warranty, and once they're installed it's super easy to take them in and out of the arm without any special tools. If you get the adjustables and need to replace under warranty, you'll have to do a full alignment every time which for these involves dropping ALL the undershields and front corner shields to access the adjusters. Just my thoughts having gone through all of this, -1.1 with mild drop springs is more than enough camber for street and actually strikes me as the perfect amount for tire wear. I did not consider doing only the front bushing, so it's up to you to make that call
That user had lowering springs, which gave him -1.1* camber, which he is happy with. So, he didn't need to add the adjustable bushings to get more camber.

I am on stock suspension and this car won't see any track time. I don't intend to replace springs or add camber plates, but I want some more negative camber and better steering feel.
So, it seems using adjustable bushings is the simplest way to get the camber I want (-1.25* to -1.5*) and retain the proper caster (~7*), while having adjust-ability for fitment. And, the polyurethane should give me a nice balance between NVH and steering feel, as compared to OE bushings vs. mono-balls. Dropping the under-body panels every ~25K miles for an alignment seems like a minor inconvenience.

I don't want to go with the ///M arms because there is no adjust-ability. So, I am concerned with fitment issues with my 18x8.5 ET40 wheels w/ 235/40 A/S 3+ tires.

My only concerns with the adjustable bushings are:
Ease or difficulty of achieving the alignment settings I want and fitment I need
Ability (or not) of the bushings to retain the alignment settings over time
Potential for an unacceptable level of NVH for a street car

This is the type of feedback I am hoping to get from someone that has used these or other adjustable TS & LCA bushings.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors

Last edited by PeterWT; 08-07-2020 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0