09-14-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Has anyone try these? What are they like on the track compared to stock? Does it give better braking ability as well as the ability to stay out on the track longer? I have a modified track pad for the fronts which is working well (but less bite than stock pads) but the rears are falling apart as they are still the factory ones. With 3 track days coming up in the next three weeks I need to do something quick!
You may want to talk with original company that made the TMS pads which is Cool Carbon. The TMS pads are fairly obsolete formulation now but they do work very well. The cool carbon formulation is cutting edge technology and has only been out for few months now.

Get you pad number and see if the match up with another BMW and in many cases they do: http://www.coolcarbonperformance.com/ . I would drop them an e-mail as they are adding to new application monthly.

The S/T pads really do delivery and they are stronger than the OEM pads when cold and they can take all you can dish out on them with street tires at the track. They don’t fade or deposit crap on your rotors when pushed over the limit. The power, initial bite and modulation is considerably better than the OEM pads. I’m on 5th set now since July. I go through a set of pads in 3-4 hours of track time if I’m lucky. In short, one track day = one set of pads for me.

If you going with R compound tire you can upgrade to the R/T compound which will also provide full braking power dead cold but they do squeal at ultra low speed unless you use a good squeal compound.

The pads do dust like no tomorrow on the track but on day to day drive they dust is a lot less and doesn’t stick or build up like the OEM pads.

Orb
Appreciate 0