View Single Post
      08-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
VerySlowM235i
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235iX

Unhappy Electric Wastegate Issue After Tuning

Hi all,

I've finally decided to get input on a situation I've been facing for a while. I had my car tuned (stage 2 - FMIC & Catless DP) and the car has been performing very well. However, from the day I picked it up from the shop, I've been getting the following codes:
'123432 - Electric wastegate, stop learning: Stop position (wastegate closed) outside of tolerance'
'120408 - Boost pressure control: shutdown as a follow-up reaction'

The car gives a drivetrain malfunction when this occurs on startup and enters limp mode. The interesting part is I only get these codes after the car has been driven (warmed up) and I turn it on while the temps are still relatively high. If the car is cold and I start it, I never get these codes. Typically once I get the codes after a warm start, I turn the car off and clear the codes and after I turn it back on, I don't get the codes and it drives fine.

I'm trying to get a second opinion before I take it to BMW to have them diagnose the issue, but I've been thinking it's the actuator for the wastegate that is bad or if the wastegate linkage needs adjustment. Please let me know your opinions on the issue.

2015 Bmw m235i xdrive (8 spd) tuned with MHD.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0