Thread: Car too Fast?
View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 12:00 AM   #129
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I'm super late to the party and others have probably said it more eloquently than me, but I think even my lowly B46-powered car is fast enough that I wouldn't dare try to drive it anywhere near the limit on a public road because it would be unsafe or risk arrest.

And I'd contrast that against my buddy's BRZ that handles well and is fun to drive, but is so damn slow in a straight line that he gets dusted at stoplights by road-raging soccer moms in V6-powered minivans.

That said, when the BMW is off the public roads in a motorsport setting, its in a weird spot where its too heavy to be a momentum car, and not fast enough to keep up with the power cars. So I guess it really depends on the context in which you're evaluating it. It straddles the line between being the slowest fast car or the fastest slow car.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00