Thread: Car too Fast?
View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #123
Heitzer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i; BMW S1000RR

So you said it

" It's not faster or more efficient or easier, it just lets me be true to my nature."

Finding what makes you really smile is what matters I couldn't agree more. We so often get influenced by marketing and what our buddies approve off.

That's why I am still driving stick shift and changed the final drive ratio. I get to rev the engine more, even at slow commuting speeds. I drove the F80 M3 but decided against it. It was just not as much fun at slow speeds! That happens with many over-engineered cars these days who have to beat Nürburgring times. Most of the M models are like this. Too heavy and they lost the fun part. They are like overweight pigs that have been made to dance through engineering .

What about having too much power? Is having 4 servings of fries with your steak better? Perhaps if you weigh 350 pounds and haven't eaten for a day, absolutely. But if you weigh little and eat three times a day it only upsets your stomach. Leads to long term health issues too.

A few of you commented you can't have too much power. There will be always moments where that is great to have. Just don't loose the fun for the remaining 99% of time. I agree!