05-10-2020, 08:00 AM   #8
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayone415 View Post

If only that was true.....I've had illegal intakes, headers, exhaust, HFC upgraded turbos, diverter valves, tunes, motor swaps, tints, ride heights, cams, cam gears even aftermarket HIDs aren't or at least weren't legal.......I ran open headers for awhile and other mods that may or may not of been legal like larger fuel injectors from another vehicle and res deletes. I did a steering wheel swap for a racing steering wheel, which supposedly was illegal since the original had airbags?

I just want the illusion of looking and sounding stock performance wise for once.
I DK what you are trying to say - I was just commenting that charge pipe replacement is not an essential performance improvement in any way, probably even worse return than intake mods. It might give you more reliability from blowing up stock pipes, but that isn't exactly running rampant through the model - you hear about it, but mostly in highly modded cars and not really high-frequency. And a plug in tune that can be removed in minutes will net you a ton more power and performance.

Every state (or most of them?) has laws that limit mods, and thus every state has probably had modders harassed by police writing tickets for them or inspectors failing to pass registrations. When I was starting out, that was a tactic to take cars off the street, via massive fines worth more than the cost of the car (it used to be a form of bench racing to calculate your current 'ticket-level' - mine was over a grand on my 240z).
Appreciate 0