01-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #14
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
I also bent the usb cable when I was installing the amp, but luckily it still worked fine. Yeah it's silly that the cable etc faces outwards towards the rear fender. If you removed the bracket how did you install the amp? I thought the bracket only attaches to the amp in one direction?
Keep in mind that the amp used in this kit is the same Match PP82DSP you can buy off the shelf just about anywhere. It is NOT custom-made for BMWs. What is custom about the kit is the mounting bracket, the harness (third party: by TechnicPnP) and the model-specific tunes -- the latter of which are tunes with the OEM drivers still installed. <---- This is really important, folks. Trust me; the tune supplied won't be worth a damn if you've switched out any speakers for aftermarket ones. You'll need to start from scratch with the Fischer software.

I'm going to shelve my opinions about Bimmertech here, other than to say that it's plainly shipping an incomplete product. (Don't ask me to expound; I already have in other threads).
Appreciate 0