View Single Post
      11-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svp1818 View Post
I hear you, but trust me, I did read the manual before making the post. It doesn't describe there being a specific separate higher suspension pre-set to align with Sport+. It describes it as "sporty driving with optimized chassis and suspension...", while the Sport setting description says "...consistently sporty tuning of the suspension...". So the descriptions are different but vague. The general conversation online seems to be that there are 2 settings for the suspension- comfort and sport.... but maybe there are three?

Any other thoughts/insights?
See post #5 in this thread: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1522701

I found that chart invaluable as I tried to understand how BMW implemented its different modes - although, I can't say I understand everything in the chart. The manual is, of course, a joke, and not only in this regard.

My take is that there are four principal modes in our cars: ECO, Comfort, Sport, and Sport+. You will notice that the main difference between Sport and Sport+ is that the latter invokes Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).

I don't use either of the Sport modes, so I can't share any experiences of them. The modes I do use are Comfort on the street and DSC OFF on the track.
Appreciate 1
bryan_G011164.50