10-14-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Most categories are self-explanatory. The less clear ones:
- setup is alignment/ride height/corner balance. Dominated by alignments -- hitting curbs tends to throw things off.
- repairs are... repairs due to various track accidents -- cracked splitters, cracked windshields, bearings, bent wheels, etc.
- consumables are all fluids, filters, wheel mounting hardware, etc.

It's interesting to see a pretty large difference in both registration and tires per day. Part of it is just me messing up a few times (e.g. registering for a whole weekend, but messing the car up on Saturday). But that's still not enough to explain it. If I had to guess, I tend to do events with 2+h on track time per day, which is both more in registration and in wear.
Thanks for adding your data. Hopefully, others will do the same so that potential track drivers will be able to see the wide range of possible expenses they might encounter - whether by choice or not.

I've been fortunate to not need any repairs so far. My alignment was checked after the front swaybar was installed last week, and it was unchanged after five events.

I'm driving much less than you are. Over the course of a three-day event, I'll drive a total of 3-4 sessions of 6-8 laps each. I'm driving ~11-14 minutes in each session, so ~35-55 minutes per event.

As you can imagine, I've yet to experience any wear-and-tear. I'll have the calipers disassembled this winter to see how they're holding up, and I'm looking forward to discovering the condition of the pistons and seals. That's likely to be the first maintenance performed on the car that isn't routine.
Appreciate 1
msendit424.00