View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Thanks for starting the conversation. It's very interesting to see how much costs can vary.

Here's mine:

These are averages over enough events that taking an average is ok statistically.
They don't include upgrades to get the car track ready (capex), just recurring costs (opex).
I don't track food/gas/hotels.

Most categories are self-explanatory. The less clear ones:
- setup is alignment/ride height/corner balance. Dominated by alignments -- hitting curbs tends to throw things off.
- repairs are... repairs due to various track accidents -- cracked splitters, cracked windshields, bearings, bent wheels, etc.
- consumables are all fluids, filters, wheel mounting hardware, etc.

The number I pay the most attention to is "Average per day without registration". It normally fluctuates between $450-500. Right now, it's on the higher end because I just finished a lot of repairs and still haven't amortized the cost over enough events.

It's interesting to see a pretty large difference in both registration and tires per day. Part of it is just me messing up a few times (e.g. registering for a whole weekend, but messing the car up on Saturday). But that's still not enough to explain it. If I had to guess, I tend to do events with 2+h on track time per day, which is both more in registration and in wear.

Either way, fascinating data, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 2
dradernh4413.00
TajoMan174.00