View Single Post
      03-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #46
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12 horizontal from center and 0.7 lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8 horizontal from center and lowered 0.7 vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5 outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25 vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2 vertical)

Above is a break down of at what speed the VLD activates each pattern, to change for which Number No. 4 > Highway Lights activates to 50mph:

*Expert Mode*

FEM> 3073 > C_AFS_E_V_LO > Custom (0X50)

The default is "6E" which equals = 110KLM or 68MPH.

Coding "50" lowers the speed activation to 80KLM or 49.7MPH. Which I find more suitable. But you could chose a different speed based on the HEX conversion.
I saw your post but then managed to forget it when I coded the VLD. I'll add that tomorrow, but I can confirm I got the VLD coded. You're right: the sweeping of the lights, particularly to the driver side, is way more noticeable.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50