03-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #9
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito310 View Post
See post #1574 in this thread. Looks like you didn't code everything.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...997749&page=72
Props to Nito!

There are many settings related to the brake lights where the cold/warm checks need to be set to "nicht-aktiv" and "...is LED" needs to be set to "aktiv".

Go into E-Sys & begin your coding steps. These settings are all in the REM module.

I searched on the term "KALTUEBERWACHUNG" so E-Sys would show all of the items with the cold/warm checks. Then I just walked through the list. I checked every one - some are irrelevant for the brakes & even our car (and were already set to "nicht_aktiv", or I could just tell by the word they were unrelated to the brake lights).

On another forum, I saw a reference to also look for BL_M or BL_Mi. This stands for "brake light middle" & we have "BL_M". F22 brake lights are composed of 3 bulbs: an inside, outside & "middle" bulb. BL_M may have been "nicht_aktiv" by default, but not sure. I looked at & changed many of these settings (should have been writing down exactly what I changed!)

If you're replacing all of your bulbs with LEDs, just check them all.

I can say for sure my initial coding, I only recall changing anything that had "BL" in the settings so that means I missed a bunch of others which is why I was still getting the bulb check flickering.

Once I changed each of these settings to "nicht_aktiv", all of the flickering is gone. No error codes, either.

I am using the Weisslicht Spektrum LEDS. These are VERY well made & the quality is readily apparent when you pick em up. I've not used/looked at any other bulb so can't compare them to alternatives. I've heard folks have been happy with other brands, but I know for sure Weisslicht claims no error codes & that is true - but you definitely have to code off the bulb checks to prevent flickering (or use a resistor).

There is a left/right setting for each one of these. You need to change both.

SL
BL
BL_M
BFD (brake force distribution setting)

According to another post I found, "...SL is supposed to be Schlusslicht (rear light, the 2 for the "inner part" normally)."

You need to change all of these entries/settings for each bulb:

xxx_x_x_KALTUEBERWACHUNG - set to nicht_aktiv
xxx_x_x_WARMUEBERWACHUNG - set to nicht_aktiv
xxx_x_x_IS_LED set to aktiv

Thanks Nito!
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 1
KennyFSU1104.00