View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 02:01 PM   #35
nickgsa60
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i BMW 328i

Bottom line, love the BMS clutch stop with one spacer removed.

Extended version: just took delivery of a 2021 f23. Felt the clutch travel was way too long without anything happening -- leading to less than ideal shifts and having to sit further forward than I would like.

I first tried with all the included spacers. This worked; however, the clutch would pretty much engage immediately. If that's what you like, then use all the spacers, but for me, it was a bit unnerving.

So next up I had to pull it out and remove a spacer... this was a total pain. Was sweating like crazy on my back pulling and wiggling with two hands. Finally got it out thankfully. After installing with a spacer removed, it felt perfect to me. A tiny bit of play initially and then engagement -- just enough to give a bit of comfort and not make you worry every shift that you aren't pressing down enough. Shifts are so much smoother and more comfortable than stock.

As for installation, it takes quite a bit of force. I had to press hard and wiggle with both hands. Once I got it to about an inch left, I pressed it the rest of the way in with the clutch pedal. I did not need to remove the trim piece and was able to pretty easily reach behind it.

Hopefully this can help someone from having to go through the same hassle as me. Make sure you consider what feel you are going for prior to installation.
Appreciate 0