View Single Post
      08-17-2019, 10:49 PM   #21
Tslbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 ZB MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremg View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. The X3 looks like a great car, but auto only! I like driving stick and hope to drive a manual as long as I can buy one.

I agree that there will be more stuff to haul down the line and a four door will absolutely make my life easier but where's the fun in that

I did look into the car seats and OMFG they're all ginormous! The only brand I thought made consistently compact car seats was Cybex and I will checkout if they'll fit ok in the back of a 2er. The local target didn't have any in stock so I'll have to go to a special store to get that one.

The 2er is a perfect replacement for the Miata and I always wanted to own one. I think I'll just do it, maybe buy a roof top cargo carrier and if I really end up hating the whole thing, I'll probably just take the hit and get a Golf.
Funny you mention a Golf - cuz I would recommend a used manual GTI or R for the next couple of years while they're in the rear facing seats and then jump to a 2 when they turn around. I know they're FWD/AWD, but you'll still have the fun of a small, tossable MT ride and have a some room leftover for all the crap that comes along w the little ones.....my .02
Appreciate 0