View Single Post
      08-17-2019, 09:20 PM   #20
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremg View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. The X3 looks like a great car, but auto only! I like driving stick and hope to drive a manual as long as I can buy one.

I agree that there will be more stuff to haul down the line and a four door will absolutely make my life easier but where's the fun in that

I did look into the car seats and OMFG they're all ginormous! The only brand I thought made consistently compact car seats was Cybex and I will checkout if they'll fit ok in the back of a 2er. The local target didn't have any in stock so I'll have to go to a special store to get that one.

The 2er is a perfect replacement for the Miata and I always wanted to own one. I think I'll just do it, maybe buy a roof top cargo carrier and if I really end up hating the whole thing, I'll probably just take the hit and get a Golf.
Here is just one source to help pick the best child seat for your baby. Keep in mind the lastest recommendations for infants are as long as possible or closer to two years rearward-facing.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/car-seats.htm

Be sure to find a vehicle that fits that baby seat in the center rear position for optimal impact protection fore/aft as well as from the side. Not sure the 2 can do that, but I have not tried. My youngest is 35.

Also respectfully suggest you keep your checkbook handy as you will likely find that your priorities change as you get further into parenthood.

Good luck and best wishes!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0