View Single Post
      03-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #29
Legal Bill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_solo2 View Post
If you plan to run in SCCA street class most of the modif mentionned in this post are not allowed. Also your wheels being 8 inches wide would not be legal either.

I did about 6 events last year in my m235 here in Canada (we following SCCA rules). My car is an automatic with a square setup running 235/40/18 handkook RS-3. I was most of the time running 34 front and 37 back in dsc off mode in manuel transmission mode.

The car is heavy and spring kind of soft so you need to adjust your driving to that. At the begining of the season I thought the car was pushing a lot even thinking of installing a bigger rear swaybar. After a few events at learning the car and adapting to it it was fine and I was able to win the club and provincial championships in street class.

I did find that the bigger/larger tires impacted the acceleration by a fair margin. This year I am planning to run a stickier tire and going to 17 inches to improve the gearing ratio and cut down on weight.

Hope this will help you and have a good season.

Thanks. I used to run in SCCA and I know the rules for their stock class are very strict. I figure my first time or two will be with the stock set-up to see how I like it. If I think I am going to do it more often, then I'll decide what class I want to run in and what mods I want to buy. I needed new winter wheels for my car anyway, so I went with the Koseis in case I need them for autocross. If not, they will still be fine winter wheels.
Appreciate 0