View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #2655
JP1021
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Wow I didn't know this was a thing... I ordered mine in person at DINAN and didn't really have any issues with the install other than the hanging a little low bit. The tips stick out far enough for my taste and the mentioned stiffer mounts fixed the height problem easy.
We re-used the same mounts. While I held them in place my friend tightened down the bolts on the clamps and it ended up being perfect. They sit exactly at the same height as stock. There was one slight difference between the picture and the assembly I received, and that is the mounting pins are actually angled 90° down on the muffler. In the amazon listing they show to be straight. Not sure if maybe they corrected an issue with a previous version. We removed the mounts entirely, slid them on the muffler side, and then re-installed them in the brackets. I took it easy on the throttle this morning leaving the neighborhood. Love the sound of this thing. I swear I just had to believe there were burbles and pops with the stock system, because I never heard them. I hear em' now!
Appreciate 0