United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW | B58 F22 || Audi B9 S4

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [9.50]
2019 Audi S4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaran View Post
Quick question, Did overall jumping from stage 1 to stage 2 result no gains other than torque really? Or what was the fueling problem going on you mentioned? Just curious to see if going from S1 to S2 is worth it or just doing the jump to S2+ and getting the fuel pump and downpipe + supporting mods in all at once the better move? Planning to keep 93 in the car though unless I decide to get a flex fuel sensor which I am very fond of on my F80 build. Thanks in advanced.
When dynoing stage 2, the car had about 15 miles of gas. In later discoveries, being below 30 miles will set the car into low power mode.

That can actually be seen in the power curve as it cuts off on the way to the top of the stage 2 numbers.

Stage 2+ is plenty of fun, and I actually highly recommend going with the BM3 E50 tune. Even without a flex fuel sensor, the car does a fantastic job of keeping fuel trims solid, and timing where it should be.

The car, albeit gutted, walks away from 5.0 mustangs; even a roushe charged (twinscroll) from a 40 roll.

For stock turbo and minor upgrades, the S2+ E blend maps are respectable in the B58.
Appreciate 1