View Single Post
      10-18-2020, 07:45 AM   #3
NewWorldOrder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M240ix vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edslittleworld View Post
I know this sounds like an apple to orange comparison, but I am curious how the Macan S (or GTS) compares to the M240i with regard to driving characteristics and such. I may be searching for a unicorn, but it would be great to own a "do everything" vehicle. I value performance, luxury and light utility (hauling bicycles, people & towing small trailers). None of my current vehicles do much more than one of these at any time. Any thoughts?
There's a lot to be loved about the performance of the m240i, but it's really not the most practical car.

The interior isn't really all that luxurious from the factory. I'd even go as far as to say my Mazda CX-5 has a nicer interior. That being said, there is a pretty good aftermarket to make the interior feel more luxurious. It's just going to cost you a few grand to get there. The sound system is pretty bad, regardless if you go with the HK or not.

Hauling people around isn't the best, and it's pretty cramped for anyone sitting in the back. I'm 6' 2" and I doubt I could fit even a small child behind me. Great car for two, not so much for a family imo.

Space in the trunk is actually pretty reasonable if you opt for the coupe.

I haven't personally towed anything with the car, so I can't really comment on that part of your question.

You really are comparing apples to oranges here, and the ideal situation would be an m240i paired with a cheap awd suv(rav4) for those days you need to haul things.
Appreciate 0