TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rw74 View Post
My son just bought a 2008 BMW 550i. He saved up and it was the first car he wanted to buy. My wife and I have always leased BMWs so we knew the repair bills would be expensive. However, after only a few months it seems like the guy we bought it from gave us false papers on the repairs he had done. It looks like there may be issues on the horizon with the Brake Vacuum and Alternator Mount Bracket Leaking.

I looked into some used car warranties, but I'm not sure if they are worth the monthly price. I'm afraid I'll pay all this money and when something goes they'll say everything is covered "but that repair!"

Does anyone have experience or thoughts?

This is my first post too so thanks in advance!
They are generally not worth the paper they are printed on. Besides the hefty monthly payment, there are deductibles which mean you are out of pocket more than the insurance is worth. As far as coverage goes, in my experience, not every item is listed on the terms and there is often fine print that excludes items not specifically mentioned. I advise going line by line through the terms to ensure what you want covered is not excluded. If there is ambiguity, the insurance company will say it is not covered. Hope it helps and good luck. I empathize with your situation.
Appreciate 0