View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 03:17 AM   #5
GSS123
Registered
Rep
Drives: Vauxhal & Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogki View Post
From what I recall most of the VANOS timing chain stuff was resolved by 2010-2012 there is one other issue I am aware of but I only think it may have been on the bigger and older engines the S55 N55 and N54 engines involving the crank case seal.

The auxiliary belt on the front of the engine (Not the timing chain) for the alternator and AC and rest of the other engine systems if gets oil or other debris on it it was possible the belt could slip off and be pulled into the crank case housing you could look into it see if anyone with the B38/B48/B58 engine has had any issues like that.
The B48 and B58 are mostly the same to the engine you'll get in the active tourer just with 4 and 6 cylinders respectively.

2017 at that point you're near the end of the range in terms of production at least so most issues have been smoothed out and most will tell you the same thing anyway, proper maintenance will keep it sound just don't fall for the trap of the 10k mile oil change find a local garage that can do it for you and do it every 5-6k like normal cars.

Will have to look at a few and just make sure the Service History is water tight.
Appreciate 0