02-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #49
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Wouldn't make me wonder about Audi...a brand I tried in 2016 and now would not accept for free (other than to resell it). The car was a collection of engineering failures....transmission, electronics, brakes, all in the first 18 months. Dealer could not repair much of that. Audi of America had no resolutions. Worse yet, technician reported he was told to alter a repair order to deny warranty on the brakes. We dumped a $60k+ A6 3.0T Prestige at a significant loss to be rid of it and Audi. Will never set foot again in any VW/Audi showroom, no matter how attractive. Beauty is only skin deep.

BTW, the stories from all the sources you mention regard the ones with problems. The ones like ours don't show up except for maintenance. I doubt the techs/service managers track the volume of total cars sold and trouble-free cars to do the math on percentages. The ones with problems show up and cause consternation for those involved. Those without are happily being driven elsewhere.
Not going to argue with about some things as my whole family drives for decades Audi models and are quite trouble free. You will find many Audi owners with similar stories like yours that will never set foot in a BMW anymore. Goes both ways. At least your AUDI didn't had an exploded engine right? I wish I could dump that like you did, even for o Corolla, yet my vehicle was suddenly a scrap yard piece.
You support BMW but ignore other3 VW/Audi vehicles that are right in this list.

The thing is, cases like mine are not minor and that proves that BMW is GOOD and stays there. I hope you realize how lenient I am.
Once I started my process I found hundreds that literally scrapped their BMW due to engine failures. Very few endeavor in finding a used engine to place it in so they can get a buck back. Check BMW special unit for refurbished engines as they offered me a refurbished engine for $24,000!!!!
Do a search and see the class action lawsuits against BMW. If you don't have them, I can help you with that.

Bottom line, the fact that you are not aware it doesn't mean they don't exist. Go and ask, every BMW dealership has few units lingering around that they can't find the problem or are in endless state of repair.
BMW has its own flaws and let's leave it like that.
Otherwise it will have a different reputation and will be well known for their reliability.
Last time I checked, many other brands were ahead of the germans
Appreciate 0