View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 01:45 PM   #46
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
No need. Beside many BMW tech and managers friends (including in almost all luxury brands field), I have my own personal experience. Every car I own has its own binder with what was done since day one (I only buy new). I can provide the whole history of every vehicle I bought. Maybe one day your engine will blow too at 80,015 km and 8 years (so no warranty left -regardless I also bought $4000 extra warranty for 6 years or 120.000 km-) and need to buy one new engine and spend $27,000 to avoid throwing the car in the garbage.

I am one of the crazy 1% that are insane when it comes to maintenance. I am that guy that is replacing under vehicle shields and parts just because they have a scratch or buy new wheels for a little chip. I am the guy who puts only the best gasoline, has the oil changed at 5000 km, replaces all the filters, sparkplugs every spring regardless of low mileage (10-12.000km/year), replace tires at every 75%, etc., and has the car repaired by the same shop foreman tech only as I am extremely demanding and want every car to be looked after only by the same tech as he knows me and what he did on the vehicle.

Please find that quality word that defines a blown overly maintained engine.

And as a note:
BMW did nothing and refused to do something until I was forced to start a judicial process. Only after that battle I received what should have been -to begin with- a quiet, smooth and considerate process. Try my experience and come back with your thoughts and pompous words.
People leave a brand for much less problems.. So, I must be a fan...
I think you have simply proven my point about the lack of robustness in BMW's processes. I don't deny your experience or your emotions about it. But, the existence of cars such as yours and those such as ours and others who have had great outcomes indicates an excessive range of variation for a modern manufacturer. That range has two ends, one far opposite from the one you experienced. Part of what Asian brands historically have done better than the German industry is achieve less variance from the design intent. Thus, they have had better more consistent quality, although owner-based large-sample data from both JDPower and Consumer Reports reveals significant improvement for BMW to now be among the various Asian brands overall.

None of remaining variation, resulting in some cars with problems, undermines the reports of those who do have well-performing BMWAG products that their cars are providing excellent quality.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0