View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 12:07 PM   #6
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

The wait is indeed going to be hell. While I've had a number cars over the years, this is my second time speccing out a car and my first doing so for an enthusiast car.

I spent some time reviewing the pricing and order guides before putting in the order. Admittedly, they are not anywhere near as detailed as the collective knowledge from the forum.

Nav for me was a must, because of the larger screen and added services. Premium package includes NAV so I shouldn't be impacted by GPS related features. From what I understood, skipping the wireless charging drops USB extra port, the wireless charger and mount, reduces power in the USB connection that remains, and limits the car to a single phone connection at a time (though multiple phones can still be paired). Since Apple Car play is now standard, I thought wireless streaming to the car would for one paired device still work, as well as through the single USB port. BMW Connected is also standard.

I don't really care to sign up for hot-spot data services as I have unlimited data on my mobile plan and view the extra data service as redundant. Do I understand things correctly? Is there any other functionality that I lose by not having wireless charging?

My only point on the fence right now is not doing the HK sound, which likely would be dropped by BMW if ordered anyway given chip shortages. I've had several S2000s (including 2000 model year) in the past so have been able to deal with the most terrible of OEM sound systems. I prefer better sound but not sure that it's a big enough lift in this car (or for me personally) to make it worth it.

thanks.
Appreciate 0