03-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32458 View Post
Hey 2 addict folks!

I am highly highly thinking to say good bye to my M3 and get a M235i in mineral white. Everyone has being blocking my way and saying keep the M. I know it is a M car but it is getting dated. The S65 doesn't produce the low end torque that I want in city driving. Any thoughts? How is the 8 speed auto? How is the weight? How is the new N55? ( the best N55 available currently? ) I know Chris Harris liked it better than the A/CLA 45's dual clutch box.
I am with you about the low end torque not being there for city driving, especially having to pull out into traffic quickly from a standstill. I had enough hands on with the e92 m3 and at the end of the day I prefer my 335i for city driving. For highway driving the m3 was wonderful but the one thing I do all the time which is switch lanes after being brought to a standstill and really needing that low end power (flooring it to pull out and not get hit in the other lane for not pulling out fast enough), it just wasn't there on the m3. That's probably my main complaint on that car.

Yes there's no dct but I think you will prefer the 235 for LA traffic. I definitely would.
Appreciate 0