View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 10:19 AM   #21
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
They use it as a check on responsibility, just like your credit score is part of what the actuaries use to determine rates.

They figure if you can't even get it together to keep your insurance up-to-date, you're irresponsible and are more likely to have an accident. Same with credit scores, how much you drive, what you drive, where you live, where you work, your age, etc, etc. There are tons of different variables that determine it. You may have never had an accident, but if you drive a car that a lot of other people have accidents in, that will impact your rates.

When I still had my 2015 BRZ and traded it in on my 135, my insurance was actually cheaper because there aren't a bunch of 25 year olds out drifting 135s into curbs and ditches......at least not at the same rate as BRZ's.

When I had my R6 my insurance was $125/month, I turned 25, it dropped it $12/month.

Sorry I used to be a claim rep and I really wish college, and high school, had courses on insurance so people actually understood how it works.

The vast majority of people don't actually read their policies, ie a legally binding contract in where you give them X dollars for Y coverage, and just assume it covers everything carte blanche.
i will take a wild guess you didn't read all my posts