View Single Post
      03-19-2023, 02:37 AM   #435
Admiral
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 2.0D X Line G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
My wife's not a real car enthusiast but she always liked Mini's. I bought her this shortly after we got married 18 years ago. It was sitting in a small Jaguar dealers showroom north of Toronto, it was painted yellow and had the dealer logo on the door. I bought it from the owner.

She daily drove it year round for about 4 years and then was able to take the train to work so we had a bunch of work done to it, fixed some rust picked up a 1275 engine etc but it never really ran quite right.

We moved to Inverary just north of Kingston almost 3 years ago, the car was in storage with my brother in law during and after the move. We got the car back from him in August '21, it went directly into the shop at Classic Automotive Repair (plug there) with Matt Tucker is the owner.

The sunroof was closed up, body stripped to bare metal, the engine has been bored .30 over and completely rebuilt. It was pretty hot before so should be great fun now. Completely new interior, and a killer stereo (my wife enjoys tunes when she drives it). We kept it pretty original, with some billet parts and nice engine bay jewellery. He's put entry lights under the doors and dash and we opted for modern headlines.

Anyway, we are really pleased with the work and hopefully will have it home in a few weeks once the snow is gone and Matt has done the shake down.

I will do a post when it's all done with some picks from start to finish and some good outside pics.

Thanks for your comment, Lisa really appreciates it and is going to share it with Matt.
I will really look forward to pics in all it's glory Murf, you found a gem there in your wife who loves the Mini and Matt who has done a brilliant job and has mega skills.
I wish I had the courage earlier in my life to undertake a very satisfying project, good luck to the both of you
Appreciate 1