tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMK View Post
I wanted to know what parts specifically are plastic in the interior of a 2023 m340i. I'm looking into getting gyeon interior detailer and some people said it tends to leave a dry look on plastic and it can even give long-term effects, so I was looking into their vinyl cleaner specifically for that. Unless someone can recommend me an interior cleaner/detailer, safe on everything including plastics, however I'm getting a dedicated leather cleaner
About the only thing that is pure, hard plastic is the lower portion of the center console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
here's what's leather in your car, assuming Vernasca leather:

steering wheel
seat inserts (NOT headrest, NOT bolsters)
airbag cover
possibly center armrest, but unsure
Source? Specifically regarding the bolsters and the headrests.

In the past if the car was equipped with leather virtually everything was leather, including the door armrests and the door card inserts. Just from my cursory observation of the door card insert material on the SensaTec equipped 3er, the non-stitched door card material (SensaTec) does not look quite the same as the stitched door card material used on the leather equipped 3er. I’m thinking in particular of the Tacora Red, because that’s what I’ve observed the most closely. But, I haven’t made a super close inspection of either door card insert. I do know that on the 4er the door card insert has stitching regardless of whether the interior is upholstered with leather or not. This is a fairly new thing. Before this change SensaTec door cards never had stitching. It was one of the dead giveaways whether a 3er had SensaTec or leather.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 03-18-2023 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 0