View Single Post
      01-26-2023, 01:08 PM   #17
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
"Sport" mode has three settings. You can select Chassis, Drivetrain, or "Chassis/Drivetrain". "Chassis" is stiff shocks, stiff steering, the slower/linear Comfort throttle, and all nannies on. "Drivetrain" is the Sport throttle and soft shocks, soft steering, and all nannies on. "Chassis/Drivetrain" is the stiff shocks, stiff steering, and Sport throttle and all nannies on.

"Sport+" is stiff shocks, stiff steering, and Sport throttle and nannies dialed back to allow for some spin and slide.

"Traction" is soft shocks, soft steering, Comfort throttle, and nannies dialed back to allow for some spin and slide.

"DSC Off" is stiff shocks, stiff steering, Comfort throttle, nannies off, and electronic LSD on.

ECO and Comfort modes are terrible. Don't know why anyone would drive this car in those setttings

IMO, if you have a mechanical LSD, Sport+ is the best mode for fun street driving and DSC Off for the track if you're a solid driver. Otherwise, stick with Sport+.

I am astounded by how much better performing and riding my M235 is with a 245/35R18 square tire setup, a mechanical LSD, Dinan springs and OEM shocks in the front, and Bilstein B6s Damptronics in the back with stock springs.
Yeah, I have both Chassis and Drivetrain enabled in Sport mode. In theory Sport+ should be what I want, but it also raises the shift points considerably more than Sport. I want to be able to have a bit of fun on snow covered roads, but I don't need every shift to be at 3K while doing so. If you have a manual of course this is irrelevant. Makes me wonder if this is something I can change with some coding. Will have to investigate further.

Last edited by Kernel Kurtz; 01-26-2023 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0