View Single Post
      01-26-2023, 12:11 PM   #16
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
Ah, I'll look for it next time, if I decide to buy the car. I've taken it out for a short (standard) test on a rainy evening, then had the opportunity to look at it on a lift before a drive on snowy roads (read: low friction). The car is good, but I think I like my 128i better (see my mods list).
Is this the button just forward (closer to the dashboard) of the switch for changing the Adaptive Suspension setting?
A stock M235/M240 with a mechanical LSD and summer tires will be better overall handling/performing cars than your modded 128. The 2 series has a much better rear suspension than the 1 series. The M235 with the M Performance LSD was a few seconds faster on the Ring than the 1M in BMW's own testing back in 2014. Add some mods to the M235 suspension and much needed tire width up front and it becomes very apparent that BMW nuetered the car a bit to make room for the M2.