View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 09:18 AM   #4
Riverlade994
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmsocal View Post
Up for sale is a Time-Sert kit for repair of stripped oil pan drain plug. Used this to fix a stipped drain plug that I had the joy of discovering during my first self oil change on my M235i. Retails for $150, I'm also including some of the recommended high-temp thread locker. All you need is some grease to catch shavings and a T-handle driver or ratchet (I used ratchet with no issues); everything else is included. Instructions are available on YouTube or on the Time-Sert website.

This is by far the best way to repair your oil pan, it comes with a set of inserts which are steel. Honestly better than the stock drain threads (drain pan is aluminum, prone to stripping from over-torquing).

Will upload pictures later tonight. Everything in perfect working order, only used once (worked like a charm first time). Save a few bucks on a like-new kit and included thread locker.

Any questions, please ask. Payment via PayPal Goods&Services. Shipping included in asking price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmsocal View Post
Up for sale is a Time-Sert kit for repair of stripped oil pan drain plug. Used this to fix a stipped drain plug that I had the joy of discovering during my first self oil change on my M235i. Retails for $150, I'm also including some of the recommended high-temp thread locker. All you need is some grease to catch shavings and a T-handle driver or ratchet (I used ratchet with no issues); everything else is included. Instructions are available on YouTube or on the Time-Sert website.

This is by far the best way to repair your oil pan, it comes with a set of inserts which are steel. Honestly better than the stock drain threads (drain pan is aluminum, prone to stripping from over-torquing).

Will upload pictures later tonight. Everything in perfect working order, only used once (worked like a charm first time). Save a few bucks on a like-new kit and included thread locker.

Any questions, please ask. Payment via PayPal Goods&Services. Shipping included in asking price.
Still available
Appreciate 0