12-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #41
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Yes, I meant the number of LED's. Each has a specific output and the total is cumulative. I was reluctant to answer as I didn't want to debate this seemingly simple detail.

I would like those LED's as posted by the OP///M, but gave up on that site as for whatever reason it kept kicking some security code to my email, but the email was blank. I gave up. Have not found them anywhere else, even on the LED manufacturer website. Is weird. Anyways...

Will decide what to do as the light output from the stock lights leaves much to be desired. I may settle and try the 30 led unit from Amazon.

Thank you all for the feedback
Total output is obviously cumulative on the number of LEDs. But the output of each LED is hardly standardized. The output is reflected in the LUMENS, not the number of LEDs. Unfortunately, even if there's a well defined measurement procedure, there is no enforcement agency, so manufacturers (especially those selling on AliExpress) claim whatever they want.
Your best bet is to listen to independent reviews, not manufacturer claims.
I bought the one that I posted and I can attest that it works on an M2, buscan claims or not.
As you can see, it's not a simple detail, even if it's seemingly simple.
Appreciate 0