View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 10:31 PM   #53
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I look forward with great anticipation to your experiences and, hopefully, great results in ST4 next year; if you do share those with us, please include videos!

I would also find it interesting to see the absolute # and HP values of your car and those of any of your competitors.

I just took a quick glance at NASA's ST4 calculator and am wondering: is your car close to the #/HP limit for the class?
Hah, absolutely, will share videos. Though I'm not sure how open I can keep being about car development -- it won't be my ideas to share, but the race shop's.

As for P/W numbers, the NASA database is public here -- you can browse the competition all day. At least in NorCal, 2700-2800 lbs is a pretty typical min weight. The rulebook also has a nice bump in allowed tire width at 3000 lbs and some cars in other regions have done well just a bit above that weight.

Before the offseason, my car sits at 3400 min weight and 315 avg whp. With some (not competitive) tires, that's enough to barely skate in ST4. I've been testing lots of more aggressive tires lately (and really not doing serious competition with it), so I just ran it one class above in TT3. In broad strokes, the offseason plan is simple: lose some weight without going too crazy, detune to keep it in class with Hoosiers / Hankook DOT tires, max out the allowed aero, and see where that gets us. Will be interesting for sure.
Appreciate 3
dradernh4471.50
jordan24c128.00