View Single Post
      07-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
Bunford
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 2015 116D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebish View Post
I personally am a big fan of Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione, and when on sale, both can be had for relatively cheap with the game + all the DLC. AC is a more of an all around sim that has a seemingly infinite amount of mods as the game is relatively old (2014 I think) whereas ACC is strictly a GT3/GT4 simulator, but the realism and physics is absolutely top notch. iRacing is ridiculously expensive and I'm not hardcore enough to pay for all the cars/tracks/subscription - I think it gets into the 1k dollar range over time if you seriously invest in it.

As for F1, I haven't played F1 2021 but F1 2020 is pretty arcadey when compared to something like ACC, but if open wheel racing is a must, go for it. AC I think has a couple of older F1 cars included and there's a ton of mods for other F1 cars too, but it might be harder to find online races for that.

For wheel/pedal combos, would probably recommend either Logitech or Thrustmaster for a few hundred bucks. Once you get past those two brands I feel like it gets exponentially more expensive. I used my old Logitech wheel for ages (Driving Force GT) mounted to my desk and only recently upgraded to a fancy cockpit setup - definitely not necessary but it is a lot more realistic.
I thought this may be the case. I actually used to use AC, and was about 2014/2015 I last dabbled. I have since purchased ACC about a year ago when on sale too as was silly cheap in a Steam sale, just never got round to it yet

I had been eyeing up something like the Logitech G920 (PC and Xbos wheel) or the Thrustmaster TX (again, PC and Xbox) as I assumed these were about the lowest level worth investing in. The Thrustmaster is more appealing due to the servo base allowing for switching rims for different types of cars and tracks, i.e. the F1/GT rim for open wheelers or tracks with tighter turns needing initial quicker turn in, or the full rim for the more rookie level cars where tighter turn circles is less important.

Anyone got any views on whether the G920 or the TX is the better option? And also, is it worth considering the newer G923 over the G920....though I head the new Truforce thing, being the main difference between them, is a bit of a non-feature in reality?
Appreciate 0