View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
kahlenzach
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Bootmod3? Boost leak? Please help me.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting so please take it easy on me. Let me start from the beginning. Around six months ago I installed the bootmod3 stage one tune of my car. The car ran beautifully for about two months before my charge pipe blew. I then purchased a VRSF charge pipe and had my local shop in San Antonio install it. Once I got the car back I noticed that the car seem to exhibit some throttle lag as well as a overall power dip compared to how it felt pre cherge pipe explosion. I then began thinking about what could’ve gone wrong. I assumed that since the issue happened right after the charge pipe was installed that it must’ve been due to the charge pipe. I brought it back to the shop and they did a boost leak check a.k.a. smoke test and told me that there weren’t any leaks. They even took the time to reinstall the charge pipe just for good measure. I picked it up today and the issue had not resolved itself. I then began thinking of other things that could be causing the symptoms I described above. I thought hey maybe it’s the tune. I then opened up my boot mode app and saw that there was an update around New Year’s that fixed the issue I seem to be experiencing. It dealt with sluggish acceleration at lower p.m. Unfortunately I am already running in the most up-to-date version of the tune so this seems unlikely to be the issue. I talked to a few friends Of mine, one of them told me that maybe it’s my recirculation valve. Another is still adamant that there is a boost leak somewhere. What do you guys think could be the issue? I haven’t been able to do a wide open throttle Data log for the car but I was able to gather some city driving and I noticed that my actual boost was over shooting my Target boost nearly everywhere on the RPM range. I would appreciate any feedback you all can offer me thank you for taking the time to read this.
Appreciate 0