04-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #124
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaphile View Post
The Mosconi D2 100.4DSP and D2 150.2 were installed today. The subs are factory and the door and rear speakers are Focal PC 100, the center channel is disconnected. Two of the processed line level outs from the D2 100.4 feed the D2 150.2 which powers the subs. Total 6 X 100 watts. System is set and there is no Mosconi controller to play with. That's they way I wanted it.

The dealer said that the Mosconi 6to8 was there go to DSP so the D2 100 DSP being nearly identical did not take any extra time to set-up.

The factory subs were crossed over at 120 Hz. The image is in front of me wide and deep and the sound is about what I expected - quite good.

It is much better than the HK system I had in my E90 335I in terms of resolution and output.

The only issue is the active sound is now deafening, so I will get that coded off or possibly down (if it really is available)...next week.

I have DSP audio engineers in my office and one has offered to set-it up.
That will likely be in the summer. At that time we will look at optimising crossover, delay, parametric EQ. etc.

To be honest it is well balanced now and it will be interesting to see how much it can be improved.
Slick install on the rear deck sheetmetal. Makes the grounding point nice and convenient, eh?

Interesting to note the 120dB crossover point works OK with those Focals. Do keep us informed regarding any changes the DSP adjustments make to that (and other things) in the summer.
Appreciate 0