View Single Post
      03-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #10
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
If the itch gets bad enough, anyone can find reasons to justify scratching it. That said, this COVID-19 thing is very temporary. Trading your nearly new X5 now to buy a new M240i makes absolutely no sense financially, unless you're already using dollar bills to light your cigars and "Pappy" as hand sanitizer. If you really think you'd like something sporty in your stable, wait a month or two and re-evaluate your desires. There's a reason the dealer has a MT M240i convertible sitting on it's lot - most likely a special order deal which fell through. As much as those of us who lust for one of these unicorns, we are few and far between and the likelihood it sells quickly and you lose out is not high. Even when the virus clears and business gets moving again, it will take a while for auto dealers to sell cars as most folks will be more concerned with getting their lives back in gear as opposed to buying cars. My M235i convertible with 6MT sat in the dealer's showroom for 18 months before I purchased it for 19% off MSRP, and even then it depreciated another 10% in value the day I drove it off the lot. Today, my GMC truck which was $10K less out the door, purchased just 6 months after my BMW, is worth $3K more than my BMW with the same mileage, and it's depreciation curve remains much flatter.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0