View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
Dynamic_m235
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Installed the VRSP 5 HD Intercooler and Charge Pipe less the TMAP Sensor on the charge pipe because I noticed a blemish on the seal -- so I ordered a new seal.

No problem right? All the work of installation was really done - just the simple TMAP sensor install.

Well - once I got the new seal , I attempted to install the Cleaned Sensor and with new seal. OMG -- it does not fit!!!

After reviewing the OEM Chargepipe I noticed a significant chamfer on the opening of the port. While the VRSF ChargePipe MAP Sensor opening is only deburred but NO CHAMPHER. (see photos)

I have now taken the entire IC and ChargePipe back off the car and I guess I will go to Home Depot to buy a champher bit .

So -- Lesson Learned: Check that your VRSF ChargePipe will accept the TMAP Sensor. The way that it is (without a champher) -- you will either break the TMAP or trash the seal on installation. I have pushed like hell to get mine installed. Once I champher the opening - I am sure it will compress the seal and be a tight fit.

How frustrating!!!!!!!
I had a vrsf chargepipe and it rubbed on my steering rack till it poked a hole through. Their chargepipe isn't made right to fit directly, most people have problems like me
Appreciate 0