08-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #45
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I got the MPE with the M Performance Rear Diffuser as port-installed options, so it came with mine on delivery. I am so glad I did it. Not that I have really compared it to a stock exhaust, but I do like the sound of it. It's so much fun to cruise down Main Street at 25 mph in second gear, and lift off the throttle. It barks and pops and turns heads. And does it while being civilized and not at all obnoxious.

However, on start it is really loud for maybe 30 seconds or so. Way louder than my stock V8 Mustang was.

Funny thing happened today when I was visiting my mom. I was talking to a neighbor I grew up with when I was getting ready to leave, and when I started the car after it had sat for a few hours, his comment was "why does it sound like that?" He's not a car guy at all, so he wouldn't understand, but I told him that I actually paid almost $2000 extra to buy that performance muffler sound, and he started laughing his head off...
Ha, some people just don't understand. My friend told me that my car sounded ridiculously loud and that's when I had a stock exhaust and intake.
Appreciate 0