10-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #28
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerlk View Post
So the Wagner fit without issue? Along with the ER CP for the RWD not AWD?
Not sure how the manufacturer would have this much mis-information, but looks like I'll go with the Wagner.
Yes, the ER CP I used was for the RWD. No fitment issues. Biggest issue for me was getting the old one out. The ER CP looks really nice and is well built. Mine is black so with a quick look it appears stock.

With the Wagner EVO1 the fit was really close between the front of the IC and the brace on the F23 that connects between the bumper structure and the bottom brace plate. On mine it was nearly touching so I pulled it out and ground some of the metal plating. Not sure if this will make a difference but it made me feel better . That step is a lot of work, and involves removing the bumper cover, pulling the brace out and doing some angle grinding / painting. The brace itself could also be slightly bent forward to offer some clearance without issue. The bottom plate has slots in it so there is room to bend it forward slightly. Again, not sure this is necessary since the IC does fit and I did drive for a while before modding the brace. When I did remove the brace there weren't any signs of physical interference, i.e. rub marks on the IC.

My IC is the Wagner EVO1, which just fit. The EVO2 is about 10mm wider IIRC, and there is no way this would fit. Even Wagner says it would fit. To fit this the brace would need to be removed. Mike at X-PH said there are others the same size but I can't vouch for the other manufacturers.

Again not sure why ER would say it would fit. Technically it does fit without the factory brace. My guess is that you got someone who didn't know that much about this particular product and fitment. When mine was returned around 8/4 I did call and talk to them about the F23, and got someone specifically who was quite familiar with the car / product. He did tell me that they just haven't had people with the F23 try their IC, and when they originally developed it the F23 was not in production yet.