View Single Post
      10-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #17
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017M240i View Post
They are blaming the signal issue on the sound generator being coded out. I'm doubtful that this is the cause. They claim they inspected the wiring at the amp and everything seems fine.
It seems like you're adding more to this story now. First they were saying it's the speakers, but come to find out you've also done coding to the car. I could certainly see BMW's stand when people start messing with the computers and coding. How are they to know what you've messed around with and changed?

The MMA is designed to cover owners who use replacement parts that meet OEM specifications. Unless you've got proof that the speakers are built to OEM specs, then you don't have much hope of the MMA applying. Plus, you've coded the car yourself, not BMW. MMA has no application here. BMW warranty is there to cover unmodified cars. You've done coding, have replaced the speaker with non-OEM parts, and you've played around with speaker wiring harnesses.

The coding is the big kicker here, thus I can see BMW's point.