View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #1
montoya2018
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i (F22,B48)

Exclamation BMW F22 B48 (230i) Coolant Leak

Hey folks,

BMW 230i, F22, B48 Engine, 34K Miles, still under Bumper to Bumper 3y/36K warranty.

So I was coming back from a road-trip, had done about 200 miles, all in a sizzling central california ambient temperature of 100F +.

I stopped at a gas station and saw little bit of smoke coming out of the engine from under the hood. When I looked under the car I saw a LOT of coolant leaking from under the engine. I immediately checked the temparature which was normal and there no warning lights either.

At this point I obviously didn't drive further and called BMW roadside assistance. When the tow-truck arrived, the car started just fine but also had a LOW Coolant warning. The car is at the dealership now.

Questions:

1. What could be the cause? Leaky pipe? Radiator damage from under? Was it the high temps? Anyone else has seen a coolant leak in an F22 B48?
2. What are the chances of long term engine damage?
2. What can i expect from the dealership? I'm still under Ultimate Care, hopefully don't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Just trying to get ahead of the curve on this one. This has been my first issue with the car, otherwise has been running perfectly.

P.S - Will post more once I hear back from the dealership service center.
Appreciate 0