06-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

F23 'Re-Delivery'

Hey all,
I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of my new 2020 m240i in sunset orange with oyster interior. I think the color combo, along with some port-installed accessories really made it look nice. Also got some tint and PPF done full-hood half fender and mirrors, for the inevitable rocks getting kicked up by cars on the highway here in Maryland. I took official delivery on May 1st.
Calling it my re-delivery as this was the 2nd car I actually ordered. This has been in the works since last November. I previously told my story of my failed performance center delivery in South Carolina in February, and someone called it an 'undelivery' (sorry I haven't looked up that thread to give appropriate credit), and I loved the word so much that I've been using it ever since to tell this story . Long-story short, I had ordered a 2019 Melbourne Red car with a manual transmission, but it showed up with an auto.
I had been afraid of jinxing the subsequent deal until I got my actual car, but I can now give a huge shout out to Silver Spring BMW and to Linda at BMW corporate that really addressed this in a way to make me want to come back and recommend BMW in the future.
Obviously, I was upset when the car arrived with an automatic transmission, and the sales manager asked me not to take delivery of that vehicle, instead reimbursed me for getting a rental car to get back to Maryland. Turned out I had to order a 2020 model replacement. Obviously no price increase at that point over the 2019. The director at the performance center had forwarded my information to corporate and they had called me on my way home to hear my story and offer assistance in expediting the next order, being understanding of my deep disappointment after so much anticipation. Again, long story short, I had a mostly loaded car, but was added park-assist, carbon-fiber mirror caps, and a $1k credit to be used however I wanted. Honestly, the only other thing I could think of would've been the LSD, but that was quite expensive.
At this point, I felt like all the 'pain' was coming from the dealer standpoint, so I (in the process of having a car buddy conversation that non-car people would be annoyed by came up with an idea with the help of my brother. I really loved the performance center delivery experience, but wanted the full track experience. I also figured that providing the experience might be less expensive to BMW than what was actually charged to the general public. I now have an October date for the 1-day M-school!! So excited for that!
My initial order was Melbourne Red with cognac interior, but the 2020 no longer had red as an option. Now changed to sunset orange with an oyster interior....I was disappointed at 1st, but I think it's even better in hindsight. The only real difference from the 2019 that I can tell is the slightly smoked taillights, and I'm not even sure how much difference that is. I've done a little coding with BimmerCode so far. I have two sets of BMS 15mm spacers sitting in my garage just begging to be put on. Very excited to have it, and I've been out driving a lot and enjoying the weather while I have it to drive as much as possible! Thanks for hearing my story, and it's proof that addressing a problem can go a long way towards impressing a customer.

And I also added a couple pics of my red automatic in the showroom from that day I took delivery
Attached Images

Appreciate 2